Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Daddy Returns to Work

Derek returns to work today.  I had to fight back the tears as he told me good-bye.  I have caught myself looking for him in the house throughout the day only to remind myself he is not here.   I truly enjoyed spending the last seven weeks with him at home taking care of our family.  I am so blessed that he was able and willing to take off seven weeks from his job to stay home and help.  He was willing to step away from developing a new office for his accounting firm to take care of his family.  I am also thankful for his colleagues, who kept the ball rolling at work while he was away and let him keep his focus on his family.  We continue to transition into our new normal here at the Daniel's Den.  Luckily, my mom came back this week to stay with us and help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment